COMMUNICATION MODULE BECKHOFF EtherCAT – EL6910
The Beckhoff EtherCAT – EL6910 communication module represents a new generation of dedicated safety controllers. It introduces much more functionality, enabling safe processing of analog values.
Supports up to 212 secure connections, up to 128 TwinSAFE groups and up to 512 function blocks, 35 mm DIN rail installation, EN 60715 with lock, IP20
Lowest Price on the Market!
The communication technologies of the Beckhoff EtherCAT series include products for all application areas and environmental conditions.
The Beckhoff EtherCAT – EL6910 communication module represents a new generation of dedicated safety controllers. It introduces much more functionality, enabling safe processing of analog values. This makes it possible to implement more complex security applications.
A customization function has been introduced that allows the mapping of non-security application requirements, which contributes to the modularization and dynamization also in the field of security technology. Customization allows security application modules to be configured to be permanently or temporarily disabled, providing flexibility in security management.
The EL6910 TwinSAFE Logic is capable of 212 connections to other devices. Supports secure communication connections via FSoE and PROFIsafe (as master and slave). Support for TwinSAFE SC technology has also been introduced, enabling the secure transfer of analog signals from real standard EtherCAT I/O to a component that supports TwinSAFE logic. The new generation of controllers enables incremental downloading of the safety design, which facilitates change analysis and design verification.
- Analog Value Processing: The EL6910 provides secure analog value processing, allowing for more advanced safety applications.
- Incremental Download: The new generation of drivers allows incremental download of the safety design, which facilitates change management and design verification.
- Diagnostic History Direct on Component: Safety controllers now have a diagnostic history feature available directly on the component, making it easier to read and analyze faults.
- Number of Connections, Groups and Function Blocks: The EL6910 supports up to 212 secure connections, up to 128 TwinSAFE groups and up to 512 function blocks.
- User Management: The driver supports up to 40 users and allows you to grant permissions on various components of the project.
- PROFIsafe support: Supports both master and slave devices in a PROFIsafe network.
- TwinSAFE SC support: TwinSAFE SC technology enables secure transfer of analog signals from real EtherCAT I/O.
- Programming: The EL6910 is programmed with the TwinCAT 3 safety editor.
|Specification||link unit between safe input and output signals|
|Protocol||TwinSAFE/Safety over EtherCAT|
|Cycle time||approx. 1 ms/according to project size|
|Fault response time||≤ watchdog time (parameterizable)|
|Current consumption power contacts||–|
|Current consumption E-bus||typ. 160 mA|
|Safety standard||EN ISO 13849-1:2015 (Cat. 4, PL e) and EN 61508:2010 (SIL 3)|
|Weight||approx. 50 g|
|IP protection rating||IP20|
Ex ec IIC T4 Gc